ASUS MAXIMUS VIII GENE Micro ATX DDR4 Motherboard
From the Manufacturer
500 Million Motherboards Sold
- In 2014, during its 25th year in business, ASUS sold its 500 millionth motherboard, solidfying its place in history. ASUS Motherboards proudly exemplify the ‘Best’ design philosophy: Breakthrough technology, Easy Setup, Stable operation and Trusted reputation.
ROG Maximus VIII Gene
MicroATX Z170 Motherboard
- Performing beyond its form factor, the microATX MAXIMUS VIII GENE pulls no punches and is the perfect foundation for your enthusiast-grade Z170 gaming desktop, complete with new-to-ROG 5-Way Optimization and fully reinvented SupremeFX 2015 for an unprecedented audio experience in an integrated solution.
Fan Xpert 3: Dedicated Water Pump Header
- In addition to all 4-pin headers supporting PWM & DC control, self-contained and custom water cooling systems now have a dedicated header to connect to that provides the required 1A of power for both DC- or PWM-controlled pumps without having to sacrifice a CPU fan header.
Media-acclaimed UEFI BIOS
With each generation, ROG UEFI evolves to simultenaously become easier-to-use and robust in its feature set, and Z170 is no exception. EZ Flash 3 enables updates from the internet directly within UEFI, without needing to enter Windows. The EZ Tuning wizard allows builders to quickly overclock or create RAID arrays via a simple step-by-step guided process. For the enthusiasts, a pre-populated My Favorites tab provides quick access to commonly accessed settings and the ability to customize beyond that. And of course, all the settings in their full granular glory are maintained on Maximus VIII.
New to ROG, 5-Way Optimization performs a variety of system tuning procedures through a single click
1. Turbo Processing Unit (TPU) with Auto Tuning is able to automatically overclock the CPU to 95% of its potential maximum frequency, with an exhaustive stress-testing routine to ensure stable operation.
2. Energy Processing Unit (EPU) automatically adjusts power consumption according to the PC’s needs, going as far as shutting down unused extra I/O controllers and graphics cards’ power levels when unused.
3. Fan Xpert 3 is an advanced combination of hardware and software that can automatically calibrate PWM (on all 4-pin fan headers) or DC fans in the system for the right combination of cool and quiet.
4. Extreme Engine DIGI+ fully complies with Intel IMVP8 specifications to ensure stable digital power delivery to increase OC potential, enhance system stability and improve power efficiency.
5. Turbo App allows for customized overclocking, cooling, network prioritization and audio profiles to be applied automatically on a by-application basis, making transitioning from gaming to watching a movie seamless.
What’s in the Box
- MAXIMUS VIII GENE Motherboard
- User Guide
- Support DVD
- 4x SATA 6Gb/s cables
- 1x ROG 2-Way SLI bridge
- 1x Q-Shield
- 1x Q-Connector
- 1x CPU Installation Tool
- Cable Labels
- Hard Drive Labels
- Keybot Stickers
- ROG Door Hanger
- ROG Stickers
- ROG Case Badge
- Intel Socket 1151
- Intel Z170 Chipset
- NEW 5-Way Optimization for 1-click total system tuning.
- ASUS PRO Clock Technology for extended BCLK overclocking range.
- 2nd Generation T-Topology for DDR4 3600+ MHz with all memory slots populated.
- Integrated USB 3.1 with one Type A and one Type C port.
- Reinvented SupremeFX 2015 Audio with top-to-bottom upgrades.
- Intel I219-V Gigabit Ethernet with ROG GameFirst for no-lag gameplay.
- Advanced, intuitive UEFI BIOS for both novices and experts.
USB 3.1, Two Ways
With both Type A and Type C USB 3.1 ports onboard, the MAXIMUS VIII GENE is capable of handling current USB 3.1 devices, as well as up-and-coming devices. What’s more, ASUS USB 3.1 performance can take advantage of USB 3.1 Boost, pushing transfer speeds even higher than competitors’ offerings.
Intel Ethernet for No-lag Gaming
Demand more from the wire with ROG networking. With Intel I219-V Gigabit LAN as the foundation, wired connections inherently enjoy higher throughput and lower CPU overhead compared to alternatives. On the software side, ROG GameFirst advanced packet prioritization software ensures your game gets the bandwidth it deserves to minimize ping times. And because the longevity of your ethernet port is perhaps the last thing you want to worry about, LANGuard hardware-level safeguards for both ESD and surge protection so you can focus on your game and worry only about K/D.
Faster Storage by Design
Those looking to adopt speedy PCIe M.2 x4 will be happy to find the onboard slot supports 2242, 2260, 2280 and 22110 lengths of drives, ready for larger capacity M.2 drives. For those that must have the fastest speed at any cost, the MAXIMUS VIII GENE offers several options for PCIe RAID: the onboard PCIe M.2 slot can be combined with another M.2 via the Hyper M.2 x4 add-on card (sold separately) or a PCIe NVMe drive. Alternatively, the M.2 slot can be adapted to U.2 via the ASUS Hyper Kit (sold separately) and then combined with a PCIe NVMe drive.
Reinvented SupremeFX 2015 Audio
More than an evolution, ROG SupremeFX 2015 is a revolution in integrated audio design, combining high-end audio components with expertly-engineered layout. From the ROG-pioneered isolated audio layout with red-line shielding designed to minimize interference to the renowned ESS ES9023P DAC with dedicated clock to eliminate jitter, SupremeFX 2015 ensures immersive gaming audio with impeccable clarity.
It’s no mystery that DRAM has the fastest transfer speed of any storage medium within the PC. With increasing memory densities, there is reason to ask more from RAM. ROG RAMCache intelligently caches files that are frequently accessed, minimizing load times, and automatically customizing to your behavior.
ASUS PRO Clock Technology
A dedicated base-clock (BCLK) generator designed for 6th-generation Intel processors that allows overclocked base clock frequencies up to or beyond 400MHz, enabling additional flexibility in overclocking methods.
Going beyond the functionality of even the most advanced gaming keyboards, KeyBot II upgrades your existing keyboard instantly. From recording complex timed macros to reassigning F-keys to system control functions, KeyBot II links your motherboard ot your keyboard in an unprecedented way.
Build Faster. Build to Last.
Fusing together ASUS Q-Design with ROG safeguards delivers a faster, more enjoyable build experience with the peace of mind that a variety of enhancements are in place to keep your build safe for years to come.